Sudipto, Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Certificate Course In Computer Maintenance
15197395

I put in a memory card (wrong one) into slot and now it is

I put in a memory card (wrong one) into slot and now it is stuck......can I get it out?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Sudipto replied 5 years ago.
Can I know the model number of your PC??
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
a toshiba stellite A305-S6905
Expert:  Sudipto replied 5 years ago.
In order to remove the memory module from the slot you’ll have to spread latches on both sides of the module until it pops up at a 20-30 degree angle.The link below will help you with this procedure.But do not apply force if it is broken then you have to replace the M/B if your not confident then please take it to the nearest service center.

http://www.insidemylaptop.com/adding-ram-memory-into-toshiba-satellite-a45/
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I took it to a best buy, and they can't remove it in store... so any service store can get it out?? cause its all the way in where it can read whats on the card?
Expert:  Sudipto replied 5 years ago.
You can follow the the instructions from the above link but as I said earlier if you are not confident about it then take it to the nearest Toshiba Service Center because if some thing goes wrong in the service center they will have the all liabilities of that
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

It was the memory card for a camera not for the computer... So I'm not sure if that web site helps, that tell me how to add RAM and thats not the problem
Expert:  Sudipto replied 5 years ago.
OH...Sorry for the misunderstanding that means your memory card is stuck in the card reader of the laptop?? right
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes....
Expert:  Sudipto replied 5 years ago.
Turn off the laptop and remove the battery.
Push the power button to drain the remaining juice.

Now go and get a needle nose pliers, a real long thin one.Gently pull it out.

If there's no room, but you can see the back edge of the memory card,: take a popsicle stick and cut the end flat.Apply an extremely thin film of crazy glue on the edge. A TINY TINY amount that won't drip. push it in and touch the back of the card. Wait until it is hard in about 15 secs and pull the card out. This works like a charm.

You can also try a vacuum cleaner of all things.

But again if you are not confident don't do it yourself please take it to Toshiba service center
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
We tried to pull it out with tweezer but it wasn't going any where.. But I'll try the popsicle stick... Even if the card is pushed all the way in to where it reads the card, you can still pull it out with out having to push the spring in? I know when you put the card it to get it out you push on it and it pushes out?
Expert:  Sudipto replied 5 years ago.
If it is fully inserted and locked inside then it only can be removed by disassembling the card reader.....but you can give it a try
Sudipto, Hardware Engineer
Experience: Certificate Course In Computer Maintenance
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Info was till unable to help me