Brad
Brad, Computer Technician
Experience:  20 + years, cert. Win NT, xp, vista Windows 7, Net sec
669790

HOW DO YOU REMOVE THE BOTTOM COVER ON A TOSHIBA SATELLITE U205

Customer Question

HOW DO YOU REMOVE THE BOTTOM COVER ON A TOSHIBA SATELLITE U205 S5002 TO CHANGE THE FAN
Category: Computer
Expert:  Brad replied 7 years ago.
IT is very easy. Here is a link to all Toshiba tear downs:
http://www.irisvista.com/tech/
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

The link that you sent me does not have my computer listed, so I am still not able to get the bottom cover off. My laptop is Toshia Satellite U205 S5002. It list everything around it but none of them have the same bottom as my laptop. Do you know of another site like this one.

I unscrewed all the screws, I can get the harddrive out and i was able to get the CD/DVD drive to pop out the side but I can get the bottom cover to come off to get to the fan and the fan in what I need to change, it quit working...please let me know if you have any answers.

Thanks

Lisa Hebert

[email protected]
Expert:  Brad replied 7 years ago.
Lisa, There are no other sites, with that in mind, look very closely at the bottom of your computer. You should have all the hatches off that cover the ram and the batteries etc, The battery should be out. There are several screws inside these places. Look for the circle with the number 6 4 or 8 inside. There may or may not be a hole the screw is in. Some of the screws are different lengths. You should have somewhere in the neighborhood of 20 screws. There are screws on each corner. There are two screws hidden under the CD/DVD usually and you remove two circular plugs to get to them. IF you use a flashlight and scour the bottom and you are sure that you have removed all the screws then you need something like a guitar pick to seperate the case pieces. You start by pulling one corner up with a finger nail and insert the pick in the crack and work your way around the case sliding the pick. I would be sure that you will have little pieces of plastic that will break off. Dont worry about those.