Santonu, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Diploma in Hardware

I have a Toshiba Satellite computer with fingerprint reader.

I have a Toshiba Satellite computer with fingerprint reader. When I turned the computer on this morning, I get the message "Please connect the fingerprint reader." and the screen is stuck at "windows is starting up...". I have tried powering it off a few times and the same thing happens each time. Can you help?

Please try this:

Start your computer and repeatedly tap F8 key. You should see a menu. Select Safe Mode from there and press Enter twice.

It will take some time to start in safe mode. Once there try a system restore to get back to a date before the problem started. First take a backup of your important data.

To restore:

Click Start- >Programs-> Accessories-> System Tools-> System Restore.
Click Next, select a date when your computer worked fine, click Next twice.
Wait for restore operation to complete. When it does, the computer will restart automatically.

When it starts again, test the issue. If it does not help try to reinstall the software for fingerprint reader. Please try the following link, click on Download, select your exact model and download the software.

Done that, install it, restart your computer and test the issue.