Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

The Adobe Flashplayer slows my computer down -- I have tried

Customer Question

The Adobe Flashplayer slows my computer down -- I have tried repeatedly to use it, but always end up deleating it for this reason. Is it just my computer?

Optional Information:
OS: Windows XP; Browser: IE

Already Tried:
I have tried deleating and re-downloading Adobe Flashplayer half a dozen times, but it still causes the same problems, slowing the computer down and sometimes freezing it up to where I have to shut it down and restart.

Can I know your PC's model make and no.??

SUDIPTO (Offline) -- Computer Hardware Engineer -- 98% Positive Feedback on 247 Computer Accepts
Diploma in Computer Hardware,8+ years of experiance in computer troubleshooting Your Reply
February 24 2009 at 8:47 AM (1 minute and 27 seconds later)          
VPR Matrix, offered by Best Buy a few years ago, no longer on the market Customer(Online) -- 1 Accept / 2 Questions
Info Request
February 24 2009 at 8:51 AM (4 minutes later)          What is this?
Which model no.?What exactly happen after you load Flash palyer.?

February 24 2009 at 9:02 AM (10 minutes and 44 seconds later)          
Flashplayer loads fine and works with applications for a while, but eventually slows everything down and freezes the computer up.
Customer(Online) -- 1 Accept / 2 Questions
Answer
February 24 2009 at 9:06 AM (3 minutes and 39 seconds later)          ACCEPTED

Please try one more thing:

Open Start-> Settings-> Control Panel-> System. Click on Advanced tab. Under Performance, click on Settings, click on Adjust for best performance, click Apply and Ok.

Then do this Click->Start->Programes->Accessories->System Tools->Disk Clean Up and select the C:Drive Check all the boxes and clean it

After this please downlaod the full player setup from the link below save it to your Hdd close the IE and install the palyer and restart IE.Open the link scroll down there you can see "Click Here to Download" its a free application

Flash Player For IE

February 28 2009 at 9:35 PM (4 days and 12 hours later)          
Hi Sudipto,

Well I did what you told me to do, and it worked for a while, and I paid you, but it's doing it again. I think my computer is just not compatible with the Adobe Flash Player.
Your Reply
March 1 2009 at 1:15 AM (3 hours and 40 minutes and 20 seconds later)            
or do you have any other suggestions?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.

First off, please download the Flash Player uninstaller program using the following link:
http://www.softwarepatch.com/software/flash-uninstaller-program.html
Done that, look for and remove any traces of Flash Player present on your system, using the utility.

Next, download and run the standalone installer for Flash Player using the following link:
http://www.softwarepatch.com/internet/flash.html, and check how it goes for you now.

Keep me posted.

Regards
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I purposely delayed my response to see what would happen after a few days, and sure enough, I just got a message that read: IE has to shut down due to Adobe Flash Player, and it seems that it is the program facebook that is the one that runs slow -- could this be facebook and not AFP?
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
You hit the point there ..IE should be crashing due to a corrupt application of Facebook which uses Flash Player; however, you may try downloading and installing another browser, Mozilla Firefox, and check how it goes for you, using the following link:
http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/

Done that, run the standalone installer of Flash Player for Firefox, using the following link:
http://www.softwarepatch.com/software/flash-standalone-installation-firefox.html

Check if you still have the same issue with Firefox as well, now ..keep me posted.

Regards