Barun, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience in providing support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.

Hello I have a Canon MP830 with a error code of 6500 it was

Hello I have a Canon MP830 with a error code of 6500 it was just printing 2 min. ago please help
Category: Computer
Expert:  Barun replied 7 years ago.

Please press the <ON/OFF> button on the operator panel of your printer in order to turn it off, unplug it from the wall socket and wait for around 30 seconds, and turn it back on ..does the issue still persist?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

No it stil say's error 6500

Expert:  Barun replied 7 years ago.
Okay ..the error indicates a service error code with your printer, typically caused due to internal error in one of the ASIC chips on the logic board of your printer, and may only be repaired by replacing the logic board at an authorized Canon service center, and should be done for free if your printer is still under warranty.

Hope it helps.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Do you have any suggestions on fixing it my self it is no under warranty
Expert:  Barun replied 7 years ago.
I'm afraid that would be practically impossible, since the logic board is integrated onto your printer, and since Canon doesn't offer logic boards separately for sale ..the safest bet for you at this point will be to enlist the help of their representatives, so that they can take care of the same without causing further complications.