Santonu, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Diploma in Hardware

How do I remove Ascentive Performance Center from my compu

How do I remove Ascentive Performance Center from my computer?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Santonu replied 7 years ago.

1 Click Start -> Run. Type msconfig and click OK
Click the Startup tab and look for any of the following words anywhere in the box:
Performance Centre

If found uncheck them.

Click on Services tab, click the checkbox Hide All Microsoft Services. Look for those words here also and uncheck them if found.

Click Apply and Ok. Restart your computer and see if the problem remain. If it does not solve the problem then use step 2

2 If you installed it within a last few weeks, then you can try a system restore to get back to a previous date.

Click Start- >Programs-> Accessories-> System Tools-> System Restore.
Click Next, select a date when your computer worked fine, click Next twice.
Wait for restore operation to complete. When it does, the computer will restart automatically

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I tried the "reconfig" step 1, but none of the words you suggested were found there or in the Hide All Microsoft Services area. Step 2 Restoring is not an Option as I have data stored since Ascentive and don't want to restore behind it's date. What else do you suggest.
Expert:  Santonu replied 7 years ago.

Please try the following link to download trial version of Antimalware:

Once downloaded, install and scan your computer.

If the problem remain, please let me know

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Sorry...I just went through this type of thing yesterday, scanning and uncovering many errors, with I purchased that program ran its "fix" suggestion and Ascentive is still there. I am not in the market to purchase another "fix" solution. Do you have any other suggestions that don't cost?
Expert:  Santonu replied 7 years ago.
I did not ask you to purchase any software. I asked to download the trial version which functions decently.

Anyway, my last suggestion will be to use a FREE third party uninstaller from the link below (don't purchase anything):

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
BINGO! That did it! Good job! Oh, about not purhasing anything. I realize that you did not ask me to purchase anything, but after these programs identify the "many" errors, and you click "fix," then a screen pops up to collect all of you info for purchase and in some cases as with "" you have to pay to get "fixed." I didn't mean to be offensive. The botXXXXX XXXXXne? That Ascentive Program is off my computer. You have no idea how many efforts in many directions I have spent trying to do this job. It's such a relief. Obviously, I am hitting the "Accept" button. Have a good day!