Sudipto, Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Certificate Course In Computer Maintenance

how do I restore vista back to my emachine et1161-07 computer

how do I restore vista back to my emachine et1161-07 computer? It did not come with a restore cd. We tried to install xp but could not find the drivers needed. Now we are stuck in xp mode and cant find how to restore vista. PLEASE HELP!
Category: Computer
Expert:  Sudipto replied 7 years ago.

Do you have the restoration disc or Bootable Vista Disc with you??

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
It did not come with a restore CD. The restore seems to be intergrated into the hardrive. We have xp system on the computer now, but can't find the correct drivers and want to return to vista.... thus... need to restore.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 7 years ago.

Your problem will be solved If you get the drivers for Xp?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Emachine doesn't have xp support for any drivers on their website. But, yes, it would solve the problem. We just don't know where to get the drivers.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 7 years ago.

If your restore partition is not corrupted you can restore it by doing this During boot you should have a message for a sort period of time that say "hit F10 or F12 to launch the recovery utility

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

We have tried this. The book says hit Alt F10 to go to the restore position. this doesn't work. Have tried it many times. It goes to a boot menu. Choices are hard drive, cd rom, network or other...... We go to hard drive and it boots straight back to windows xp.

Expert:  Sudipto replied 7 years ago.

That means your restore partition had been corrupted in that case you have to contact Emachines for restore disc or you have to buy a VISTA disc.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX try to contact Emachines.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 7 years ago.

Thank you very much a positive feedback will be greatly appreciated.