Sudipto, Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Certificate Course In Computer Maintenance
15197395

I have a Dell A920 all-in-one printer scanner copier. In All-In-One

Customer Question

I have a Dell A920 all-in-one printer scanner copier. In All-In-One Center under Productivity Tools, I want to "Email and image or Document." In Step 5, a new email message is supposed to appear with scan(s) attached. It only works with a scan of a single page. Multiple page documents just seem to disappear after the last page is scanned. Why won't the new email message appear, and where do the scanned pages go when I can't find them? I have Vista
Category: Computer
Expert:  Choudhary replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for your question.
  1. Turn on your computer and printer, and make sure they are connected.

2. Load your original document.

3. Click Start® Programs or All Programs® Dell Printers® Dell Photo AIO Printer 966.

For Windows Vista:

1. Click Start button® Programs.

2. Click Dell Printers.

3. Click Dell Photo AIO Printer 966.

4. Select Dell All-In-One Center.

The Dell All-In-One Center opens.

5. From the Send scanned image to: drop-down menu, select the program you want to use.

NOTE: If the program you want to use is not listed, select Search for more... in the drop-down menu. On the next screen, click Add to locate and add your program to the list.
  6. Click See More Scan Settings to customize your scan.

7. When you finish customizing your settings, click Scan Now.

best
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
This did not address my question--I do know how to scan pages using the all in one center. But in Productivity Tools, Share..., Email an image or document: the "new email" window opens with an image attached, but doesn't open if I have scanned multiple pages or images. I want to know how to get the automatic scan/email feature to work with multiple images attached; and I would like to know where the scanned images are stored if the automatic scan/email window doesn't open. I can't find them in Adobe Reader, which is the default application for saving scans. Thanks
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Expert:  Choudhary replied 5 years ago.

thanks for your reply

To select where to save:

1. From the Send scanned image to: XXXXX XXXXX select your scan destination.

To further customize your scan job, click See More Scan Settings.

(B default you should check My documents. There may be a dell folder.) Also Try to scan to your computer. Do not select email.

Default application is adobe and it should open multuple page scans.

best
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Dear GKC, Thanks very much for trying to solve my problem, but I still can't use the scan to email function for a multipage scanned document. It works fine when it is a single page scan. I've checked the Dell website and googled all over the place, but I am not getting a solution.
Expert:  Choudhary replied 5 years ago.

thanks for your reply.
I am going to opt out so other experts can help you.

Best
Expert:  Sudipto replied 5 years ago.

When did this problem started or this is the first time you trying to do this?? (Multiple image scan/Email)

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The printer is a couple of years old, and it has never scanned to email when I have tried to scan multiple pages. I just finally am trying to find a solution, because the feature would be very convenient for me to use--better than scanning, saving to adobe, saving a copy to desktop, opening email, attaching the document and sending. The scan to email works fine when the image is a single page. Thank you for any help you may be able to offer. I looked on the Dell website but didn't find any clear answer.

I am using Vista.

Expert:  Sudipto replied 5 years ago.

As per the manual I didn't find any features like what you want.You can go through it I giving the link below for the Manual

DELL A920 Manual