Scott L
Scott L, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  20+ years experience with PC hardware and software. Currently own and operate PC Service.
15046804

i cant get my volume on my computer to work

Customer Question

i can't get my volume on my computer to work
Category: Computer
Expert:  Scott L replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for coming to Just Answer for your support question.

Ok lets see what it shows in the device manager.

Right click My Computer and choose Properties

Click on the Hardware Tab and click Device Manager

Is there anything in here that has a ! or ? next to it?

Also what kind of computer is it? desktop, laptop, brand, model

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
your ans did not help and my computer said no device installed
Expert:  Scott L replied 5 years ago.
I did not give an answer I am requesting information. Did you follow the steps I indicated because you did not answer my questions? We need to see if it is being detected in Device Manager. Ther is no magical answer to your question, we need to do some research.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
that's what i did in the beginning and then you told me to do the same thing over again
Expert:  JMU 1998 replied 5 years ago.
did the sound ever work or it just started to happen? Any recient changes or updates to the computer? Have you tried the point-in-time system restore option.

See below:

If you are not familiar with system restore what it does is basically restores your Operating system (NOT PERSONAL DATA) to a point-in-time of your choosing.

So if you recall a date when the the problem was not occuring just restore it to that date and the Operating System will restore itself to that moment-in time. Yes, this process is reversable and can always go back to today if it does not solve the problem by running another restore again this time picking todays date so it is reversable.

Again this does NOT change any of your personal files ONLY operating system and drivers give it a try.

Below are instructions to run the wizard.

1.Click Start.

2.Point to All Programs.

3.Point to Accessories.

4.Point to System Tools.

5.Click System Restore.

6.Follow the instructions on the wizard (restore to a date you know for sure it worked)
Expert:  Scott L replied 5 years ago.
Please disregard the rude intrustion by the other Expert who is violating the TOS of the website.

ok so you went to device manager. Is there anything in there with a ! or a ? on it was my question.

My second question was Also what kind of computer is it? desktop, laptop, brand, model