Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer, Microsoft
Experience:  approx 20 years of experience from software to hardware design
5195814

my laptop wont read my memory card from my camera any more

Category: Computer
Expert:  Claws224 replied 5 years ago.

Can you tell us what operating system youare using, What type of camera you have and how you are reading the memory?

Are you connecting the camera to the machine or are you using a card reader?

Thanks

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Windows vista.
The camera is a conon there is a momory card slot on the front of my toshiba satelite pro laptop so i was just plugging the card in there.
it was working fine and I have loaded some photos in this way.
I have also checked the camera memory card on another laptop and its fine
Expert:  Claws224 replied 5 years ago.

Ok,

If you place the memory card in your machine does it usually open up and show you your pictures or does it usually copy them to your machine automatically?

Thanks

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It usually opens them and shows them
Expert:  Claws224 replied 5 years ago.

Ok,

Can you put the card into your machine then wait a second and Right click your Start button.

From the menu that appears can you click Explore which should bring up a Windows explorer window with the contents of your machine listed.

From there you should see your machines drives listed under My Computer on the left hand side.

In the list you should see your C and D drives plus some other letters.

Click on the other letters one by one till you see your photos in the right hand wndow or a folder that says DCIM.

Once you know what letter the drive is let me know

Thanks

Experience: approx 20 years of experience from software to hardware design
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Sorry for the delay inreply back, the drive is H I also found the DCIM folder
Expert:  Claws224 replied 5 years ago.

Ok,

If you open the DCIM folder do you see all of yoru pictures?

If so all we should need to do is setup the autorun for this drive.

Can you click My Computer then right click the H drive and select Properties, Next open the Autorun tab and click Reset Defaults then restart and try putting your card back into the reader.

Let me know what happens.

Thanks