Brandon M.
Brandon M., Information Systems Manager
Experience:  Currently an IT Manager for law firm. Work with Exchange, Blackberries, MS Office daily

I just purchased an LG monitor W2252TQ and am having problems

I just purchased an LG monitor W2252TQ and am having problems with install: After plugging in the monitor and hooking up to my video card, I get a dark screen with this error message: "Analog Out of Range 68.6 khz/85 Hz". The manual says this message appears when the signal from the PC (video card) is out of horizontal or vertical range of the display. see spec section of manual & configure your display again. In order for me to do that, I had to re-install my old monitor. In Control Panel/display, and opening my video card display manager, I see no way to change horizontal & vertical display, but can change resolution. please help.

With the new monitor plugged in, when you start the computer, press F8 until you see a startup menu appear. From this menu, choose Safe Mode. When Windows boots, right click on the desktop and choose Properties. In the window that appears, go to the Settings tab. Click the Advanced button. Click the Adapter tab. Choose Adapter Default from the Refresh Rate menu. Click OK, then OK again and then Yes to restart your computer.