B. Rath
B. Rath, IT Professional
Experience:  Certified support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

Hi, How do I delete AOL search history

Hi, How do I delete AOL search history?
Category: Computer
Expert:  B. Rath replied 5 years ago.

Please navigate to Settings > Preferences at the top of the AOL window, click on 'Toolbar and Sounds', then click on the 'Clear History Trail Now' button ..and you are all set.

Hope it helps.

Regards
Expert:  B. Rath replied 5 years ago.
If this was not what you were looking for, could you clarify if you are looking to clear the search history in your AOL toolbar? If so, are you using Internet Explorer, by any chance?

Regards
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Did not work. I clicked the settings button, Don't have a button that says toolbar and sounds, but clicked on the button that says toolbar option, then I clicked on button that says clear recent searches - no button that says clear history trail now button. All information is still there.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Sorry I pressed the wrong button.   Did you get my reply?
Expert:  B. Rath replied 5 years ago.
No problem ..could you specify precisely what's the Internet browser, and the version of the same, you are using?

Regards
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
You can call me at XXX-XXX-XXXX

Larry
Expert:  B. Rath replied 5 years ago.
I'm sorry we are not allowed to contact each other outside of JustAnswer ..however, I'll try and help you out with the issue in this thread, as much as I can.
Please respond to the query I had posted earlier, so that I can follow up further.

Regards
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I don't know what internet browser or version. How can I know?
Expert:  B. Rath replied 5 years ago.
It should be mentioned at the top of the program you use to access the Internet, i.e. Internet Explorer, AOL Explorer, etc ..keep me posted.

Regards
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
<p>I have to leave now. Can we continue tomorrow, give me a time (Detroit time) and I promise to contact you.</p><p> </p><p>Thanks for your patience with me, I am pretty new at this.   I will try to get you the information for you tomorrow.</p><p> </p><p>Larry </p>
Expert:  B. Rath replied 5 years ago.
Sure ..take your time and keep me posted.

Regards
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
What time should I contact you tomorrrow? Detroit time.
Expert:  B. Rath replied 5 years ago.
Just drop in a message whenever you can ..I'll take care of the rest.

Regards
Expert:  B. Rath replied 5 years ago.
Just a reminder ..could you specify the name of the icon you click, in order to open up the program which you use to access the Internet?

Regards
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
<p>It reads at the top: AOL.com - welcome to AOL - Windows Internet Explorer</p><p> </p><p>The icon that I click on is: AOL.com </p><p> </p><p>I just bought this new computer about a month ago from Best Buy, it is a HP Vista.</p><p> </p><p>I want to eliminate all search history from the drop box.</p><p> </p><p>Thanks, Larry </p>
Expert:  B. Rath replied 5 years ago.
Okay ..just need one more info, as follows:
Click on the Help > About Internet Explorer, at the top of the window ..in the dialog box that comes up, check the 'Version' specified and get back to me so that I can follow up further.

Regards
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yahoo toolbar
V:7.0.9.0
Build: 2007.10.19.1
Expert:  B. Rath replied 5 years ago.
I'm afraid that was not the info I needed ..do you have a menu bar with the options - File, Edit, View, Favorites, Tools, etc., at the top of the window? If not, right-click on any gray area at the top and see if the 'Menu Bar' option is checked. If not, check it accordingly and see if it gets the menu bar at the top.

Keep me posted.

Regards
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
B. Rath,

Problem solved. All history has been removed. The problem was I didn't have the menu bar. I followed your instructions and got the menu bar. I then clicked on the tools button, then delete browsing button then I clicked delete all history down at the bottom and it deleted all my history. Will this menu bar appear on all search engines?
Should I also click on the delete cookies button also?

Larry
Expert:  B. Rath replied 5 years ago.
Glad to see your issue resolved ...since you had clicked on the 'Delete all' button accordingly, it should clear every instance of history, including in search engines, all right. The menu bar should come up every time you start up your browser thereafter, as well.

Hope it helps.

Regards
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
one last thing, should I delete cookies?
Expert:  B. Rath replied 5 years ago.
You should do that as well, if you don't want the browser to save your authenticated session in a website, if you had logged into one, like MySpace, JustAnswer, etc.

Regards
Expert:  B. Rath replied 5 years ago.
Feel free to follow up if you need assistance on any other thing; if not, please click 'Accept' if you found my service helpful ..thanks for using JustAnswer!

Regards
B. Rath, IT Professional
Experience: Certified support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.