Barun, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience in providing support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.

My URL field has disappeared. What can I do to replace it

My URL field has disappeared. What can I do to replace it? I have just downloaded and re-installed version 3.0.5, and still have the same problem. You can e-mail me at <[email protected]>.

Presuming you are referring to Firefox, please right-click on the menu bar in the browser, and see if the 'Navigation Toolbar' option is checked. If not, check it accordingly and you are all set. If the issue persists, let me know so that I can follow up further.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Menubar DOES have "Navigation Toolbar" checked. What now?
Okay, please navigate to View > Toolbars > Customize...; in the 'Customize Toolbar' window that comes up, click on the 'Restore Default Set' button, and click 'Done' thereafter ..check if the issue persists now as well.

Keep me posted.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Aha! That did the trick! Many, many thanks!

I now have a "complete" Firefox home-page!

I don't think that I ever "unchecked" these items... but mayve a gremlin appeared in the night and did (I leave this PC running 24/7/365 so that my viruschecker, spyware checker, and MS updates can do their thing in the wee hours!

Again, many thanks!

-- Dave
No problem ...glad to see your issue fixed!

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
MAny thanks! You were quick to diagnose the source of my problem, and highly accurate in the procedure required to correct it!

-- Dave

Thanks for the Accept ..feel free to leave me a feedback if you found my service helpful! :)

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
It now works perfectly. Many thanks!