Sudipto, Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Certificate Course In Computer Maintenance

Cannot connect to my Slingbox on my new laptop with Vista do

Cannot connect to my Slingbox on my new laptop with Vista do you have any ideas how to correct Error0v80004004.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Sudipto replied 7 years ago.

HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:
-What antivirus you are using?

-Is Vista 32 or 64 Bit??

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
We are using Windows Live OneCare and believe it is 32 bit. I have already tried uninstalling Live OneCare and still did not connect. Any ideas would be appreciated, I am an amateur.. if even that. Thanks!
Expert:  Sudipto replied 7 years ago.

You can follw this steps to install it help you to solve your problem if not please check the link below

Place your Slingbox near your audio/video source. The A/V source can be a cable or satellite box, DVD player , DVR or a cable connection.

Connect the A/V cables to the output of your source and to the input of the Slingbox. If your source has an S-video output, use the S-video cable instead of the A/V cables. The S-video cable provides better audio and video quality.

Attach the IR remote control cable to the back of the Slingbox. Place the other end of the IR cable in front of the remote receiver on your video source. The IR cable lets you operate your source equipment remotely via a laptop or smartphone.

Hook up the network cable to the back of your Slingbox. Connect the other end of the cable to your network. You must have a router in your network for the Slingbox to work.

Plug in the power cable to the wall and to the power port on the back of your Slingbox. The network and power lights should light on the Slingbox.

Write down the device type, brand and model number of your source equipment for reference during the software setup.

Insert the supplied CD-ROM into your Windows Vista-equipped PC. Make sure that the PC is connected to the same network as your Slingbox. The setup software should start automatically Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the setup. If the software doesn't start, then run SlingPlayerSetup.exe on the CD-ROM.

This link will be helpfull to solve your all problems regarding SlingBox with Vista:- l%20Set-Top%20Box&v=Sling%20Media&uid=SLINGBOXSOLO&pf=0&pi=5&c=MP3%20%26%20Media%20Players&sc=Digital%20Media%20Receivers&os=32-bit

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Hey Sudipto,

Thanks for your reply, I was under a time constraint when I asked my question. However, your answer did not solve my issue, I had already hooked up the slingbox and had it functioning on a laptop just not the one I wanted to view it on. My father is travelling and it was for him that I was asking, there has to be a conflict with the software on his laptop and I just for the life of me couldn't figure it out, not enough of a "geek"...LOL. Anyways he left without getting the slingbox to play on his laptop when he returns home will have to hire a computer tech to see if they can sort it out! Thanks anyways.