Triv, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  MCP, A+ & N+ Certified, 15+ Years of Experience

unable to clean on a brothers mfc 420cn printer, got this when

unable to clean on a brothers mfc 420cn printer, got this when doing a head cleaning
Category: Computer
Expert:  Triv replied 7 years ago.
Here are some things to try.

1. Turn off Printer, remove print cartridges, turn back on - should ge error about missing cartridges. turn off Printer, reinstall cartridges. (Ensure cartridges are not empty), turn back on. Verify if Not able to Clean msg still appears.
  2. Turn off printer - locate print head, physically move the print head left or right a few inches. Turn on printer. - the head should repostition itself. Verify Clean msg error.
  3. Turn off printer, physically move print head to a location when you can use a cue tip to clean the head. Try using alcohol to clean the head, do not use a lot. the print head area that may need cleaning is where the ink comes out, which is on the bottom of the print head.
  4. Turn of printer, spray compressed air into the printer and printhead cleaning area to ensure there is nothing lodged in there.
  5. If all above steps fail, you may need to purchase a new print head for your printer.
Expert:  Triv replied 7 years ago.
Good Morning - Did the instructions I provided you work?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i haven't taken the printer apart yet?? but i think it will work...thanks for the help..fred
Expert:  Triv replied 7 years ago.
If you find my answer helpful, please click the ACCEPT button and please provide feedback. If you need more clarification or details, please let me know.