Michael Demko
Michael Demko, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I've worked for over 15 years in Technical Support for companies such as IBM and BrightHouse.

Why my toshiba laptop screen wont come on Its just bla

Why my toshiba laptop screen won't come on? It's just blank.

Hi, and thanks for coming to JustAnswer. I think I can help troubleshoot here, but a few quick questions.

1) Does it look/sound like the computer is coming on (in other words, are the lights and fan coming on)? Or does nothing happen at all when you hit the power button?

2) Do you have a second monitor that you can plug into the back of the laptop, if necessary?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes the lights all come on and the fan comes on, but not the screen, and I have a desktop monitor at home.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
also when I turn the computer back off the power light just blinks on and off. Orange color, when I turn it on the light is blue.

Try this:

1. Plug the home monitor into the video input on the back of the laptop.

2. Turn on the computer.

3. While the computer is booting up, look at the laptop keyboard. Hold down the function key, and look for the button on your keyboard that, when used in conjunction with the Function key, will switch your display from the laptop screen to the desktop monitor.

See if this brings up the computer screen on the monitor. If it does, then that means that your laptop screen has become damaged or isn't functioning correctly. It will need to be repaired or replaced.

If this doesn't bring up the computer screen on the monitor, let me know. Also, if this doesn't work, please specify the model number of your Toshiba laptop.