Michael Demko
Michael Demko, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I've worked for over 15 years in Technical Support for companies such as IBM and BrightHouse.
14986018

Received error message in window Explorer unable to communicate

Customer Question

Received error message in window Explorer "unable to communicate with applet after 5 attempts
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michael Demko replied 7 years ago.
Customer

Thanks for coming to JustAnswer for your support question. I'll need just a little bit more information to work on this issue.

1. What browser are you using?

2. What website are you visiting when you see this error message?

Once I have this information, I'll be able to look further into this. Thanks!

-Michael Demko

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Internet Explorer

LiveOps.com, specifically, 'CHAT'

Have you tried clearing the cookies in IE? There may be a corrupted applet cookie that is causing this issue. I might also recommend going in and clearing out the applet objects in Internet Explorer. You can accomplish this by going into the Internet Options menu under Tools. Click on 'Settings', next to the 'Delete' button, and click on the 'View Objects' button there. This should bring up an Explorer Window with several items in it. See if you can locate any Java applet objects in here, or specifically any objects related to the LiveOps chat. If you do, right-click and delete these items. This should cause the LiveOps server to re-initialize the chat applet in your Internet Explorer.

Let me know how this works for you.

Thanks,

Michael

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

OK- followed everything you suggested. I also uninstalled and then reinstalled java (again) and still cannot gain access to chat. any more suggestions? PLEASE!!!

Thank you

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

ps. why does it say that I accepted your anser and that you've been paid when my issue hasn't been resolved?

I have requested a refund of your Accepted payment.

Have you tried seeing if this applet will work in Firefox? And have you spoken with LiveOps support regarding this?

-Michael

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

My issue is still unresolved. Firefox is not allowed on LiveOps, they require IE. The Support on LiveOps is limited to a page with basically the same suggestions you gave me. I'm going to have my husband look at it when he gets home Thanks.

I'll opt-out here, in case someone else has any further suggestions, and re-send my request for your refund. I'm sorry I couldn't help more.

Michael

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Michael,

You attempted to help me with a technical issue, however you did not resolve it. You charged my account $9.00 but told me you would issue a refund. Today I see this charge on my account. I want this charge revered as you did not answer my problem. I am calling my credit card company now.

Debbie Wilkins