Techie_Ben
Techie_Ben, Software Engineer
Experience:  Software Engineer and Support Professional
8287049

how do you block an incoming number on comcast telephone s

how do you block an incoming number on comcast telephone service
Category: Computer
Expert:  Techie_Ben replied 5 years ago.
HiCustomer

IThank you for the question. I am also a Comcast user in your area. I have received the following information from Comcast which will help you with the problem you are having. Please let me know if you have any additional questions and I will be happy to assist further. Thanks again!

You can block certain callers from calling you by using either Call Screening or Anonymous Call Rejection.

Call Screening allows you to create a list of up to 12 numbers that will receive an announcement indicating you are not presently accepting calls.

To use Call Screening:

1. Lift the receiver and listen for the dial tone.
  2. Press *60.
  3. A menu of options will guide you in managing this feature. The prompts will enable you to activate and deactivate the feature as well as add, delete, or review the numbers on your list.

To cancel Call Screening:

2. Press *80.
  3. When prompted, press 3 to turn the feature off.

Note: When creating your list, enter the area code plus the 7 digit number for both local and domestic long-distance numbers.

Anonymous Call Rejection announces to callers who block the display of their name and number that you are not accepting blocked calls and instructs them to unblock their information and dial you again.

To use Anonymous Call Rejection:

2. Press *77 and listen for a confirmation tone that the feature has been activated.

To cancel Anonymous Call Rejection:

2. Press *87 and listen for a confirmation tone that the feature has been canceled.

Please accept my answer if you feel my assistance was helpful. Bonuses are greatly appreciated.
Techie_Ben, Software Engineer
Experience: Software Engineer and Support Professional