Dave K
Dave K, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  30+ years experience in I.T., Certified Oracle Developer & DBA, and Director of I.T.
4585472

I have a Canon PIXMA MX310 and it says I have a paper jam,

I have a Canon PIXMA MX310 and it says I have a paper jam, but I can't see anywhere to get paper out.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dave K replied 7 years ago.
If you are seeing this on the printer itself, then it means either there is something jammed in the paper feed path (it's possible something else go in along with that sheet of paper) or you have a faulty sensor in the printer. Unplug the printer from power and the computer and while the power is out, carefully look everywhere you can for any kind of foreign material in the paper path. Open any access panels, slots, etc. that you can find to check, and try turning the printer upside down and gently rapping on it to dislodge anything that might be in it. Then restore the power, don't reconnect it to the comptuer, and turn it on, and see if it still reports a jam. If not, connect it to the computer - it should work. If it still reports the jam, you probably have a faulty printer. Unfortunately, these printers are considered "throw away" when they break (you can buy this one for $76.25 from Amazon) so they are not really servicable. If you can't clear the jam and it's under warrantly, I would get it checked and replaced.