Vincent, Programmer
Experience:  PHP/MySQL, Windows & Linux, Web developer, Computer Security, Computer Hardware, Web Hosting

My computer will play CDs but not DVDs. When I try to play

My computer will play CD's but not DVD's. When I try to play DVD's using Mediaplayer the error messages says I may need a new decoder. Dell's Cineplayer won't allow me to play DVD's nor will Windows MediaCenter player.

This is because you don't have a proper playback codec for the DVD. Usually, these types of programs cost money in order to play the DVD. Luckily, there are some free ones. Mainly, the Combined Community Codec Pack. You should be able to download and install this codec pack in order to play all of your media free of any problems.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Holy @#$@$

Thanks Vincent P. It really worked.
If there is a way I can give a few extra dollars please tell me how.
I was cheap because I didn't think it was going to work.
So please let me know

Thanks so much.

Pernell [email protected]
You have the option of tipping experts when making your payment. However, no tip is necessary. I'm just glad you got things working. Your satisfaction is enough for me. :)