Techie_Ben
Techie_Ben, Software Engineer
Experience:  Software Engineer and Support Professional

I want to upload a document (my resume), which is located in

Customer Question

I want to upload a document (my resume), which is located in My Documents, to a web site. I need guidance as to how to do that.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Techie_Ben replied 5 years ago.
HiCustomer

Thank you for the question. Do you have a website in particular that you would like to upload your resume to, or is this your own website? Please get back to me with information on what website you want to upload your resume to, and I will be happy to assist. Thank you,
HiCustomer

Can you send me the URL? I would like to see if the site has a feature that lets you upload the resume. If not, are you the owner of this website, and do you have permissions to upload your documents to the site? If you send me the link you are using I would be happy to have a look. Thanks,
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The site is www.change.gov I access it through a link in an email which takes me directly to that part of the website where one can submit an application, which includes answering a multitude of questions and uploading one's resume, which the site calls attaching one's resume. My preference is to upload my resume. If that is not possible, I'll have to copy and paste. I'm reluctant to copy and paste, because I suspect that method will either change the formatting of my resume or not reflect formatting in my resume.
It doesn't seem like you would able to see your resume on the website after uploading it. Once you upload the resume here, it goes to them for review, and no one else can see it publically. If you have already been through this and told that your resume was posted, than it likely was. You are right in saying that you will lose formatting if you use copy/paste, so uploading your resume was the best choice. Unfortunately there is nothing I can do to check as this site is owned by a 3rd party (neither you or I). Good luck with the job search, and thanks again.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
One is supposed to able the information that he/she sends to the site, so it doesn't seem reasonable to me that one cannot view his/her resume and make changes in it.
Since I am not a user on the website, I cannot get to any of these sections that you are seeing. It will be best to contact the webmaster or support team on the change.gov website. Again, as a non-admin, and non-user of the site, there is not much I can do. I would love to help you, however in this circumstance I can only refer you to the change.gov contact reference:

http://change.gov/page/content/contact/

Please let me know if there is anything I can help you with and I would be happy to do so. Thanks again,
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
O.K. Ben, I'll try to reach the webmaster of that site.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX know if there is anything else I can help with.

Please press the green "Accept" button if you feel my assistance was helpful.