IT Technologies
IT Technologies, PC, Network & CCTV Engineer
Experience:  20 Years as a Computer/Network technician & CCTV/Access system Engineer

I am locked out of my computer. Forgot my password. All I see

Customer Question

I am locked out of my computer. Forgot my password. All I see is "Connie" and my hint is hate. Any ideas?
Category: Computer
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

OS: Windows XP
Expert:  IT Technologies replied 7 years ago.
Hi, can I just check, is this you're own PC, and did you setup an administrator password XXXXX any point?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

It's my computer and I did set up an admin password, but then deleted it.

Ok, try this -

First reboot Windows XP in safe mode by re-starting the computer and pressing F8 repeated as the computer starts up. Then (in safe mode) click Start and then click Run. In the open box type "control userpasswords2" without the quotes - I have just used quotes to differentiate what you have to type.

You will now have access to all the user accounts, including the administrators account and will be able to reset the lost password.

Just click the administrators user account, and then click Reset Password.

You will need to add a new password XXXXX the New password XXXXX the Confirm new password XXXXX and confirm by clicking OK.

All done, you have recovered the lost adminitrators password!

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
OK. Not working. My adminis password XXXXX't working. I went to F2 to change it and now nothing

You need to boot into XP in safe mode using F8 to get into the boot menu

Did you do this?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I did. Safe mode takes me to a screen the says Administrative and Connie. When I put my admin password XXXXX it says "Did you forget your password". Turned my computer off and went to f2 to make sure my admin and sys passwords were set. They are..but still the same answer. In safe mode I don't get a box that asks for Start and Run. I get a bunch of lines of code and then it flips me to the user name page

Do you have an XP cd?

If os you may be able to boot off that and go into recovery

Ok, failing everything else, you need to download some password XXXXX softwarte such as this -

Its free and had good reports about it!

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
No I don't. I'm so bummed. When I turn my computer on it asks me for the sys and admin password XXXXX it takes it. But when I type it in for the admin password XXXXX doesn't. I'm staring at my system info and the security part right now. Unlock setup, admin pass, system pass, internal hdd pw

I think were confusing the windows password, with the BIOS system password XXXXX!

Is it the windows screen login you cant get past, or the system password?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

No, I use my sys password XXXXX be able to start my computer and view safe mode and all that info. I'm trying to start it in safe mode with commands right now. it's not accepting my password..even though I'm the one who set it.

Ok, I think the only solution is to download the crack software from the link I sent above.

Burn this to a cd using nero or similiar, as it's in ISO form.

Then boot form the CD, this will allow you to remove all/any passwords and assign new ones.

Thats about the best & only option I'm afraid, a bit of a mess on, but it does mean you will have the password XXXXX tool for futre use if need be!

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I didn't get the link unless you emailed it to me. can I copy it on a key and download it from there, cuz my disc drive doesn't work...I know..

The link is listed above, but here it is again -

If that link doesnt show you need to go to google and search for OPHCRACK

Not sure if it will run from a memory stick, it may as long as you're PC has the option to boot from USB devices?

Failing that I think the only other option may be to get hold of an XP CD and use that to repair the installation

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks a lot for your help..gonna give it a whirl

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX I couldnt have helped further!

You're a bit limited without and XP disk, and with a broken CD writer, hope you get sorted using the crack software though!