Hirash Riyal
Hirash Riyal, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  Diploma In Computing, 1 year Experience in Hardware, BIT Finalist
11195023

I cant get internet options to open in the control panel.

I can't get internet options to open in the control panel. What should I do?
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:
- Do You Recive Any Error Message ?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

I do not receive any error messages. It just flashes for a second and then refuses to open. Even if I right click so it says open and then click on that, it won't open. However there are no error messages at all. I hope you can figure out an answer. Thank you

Henry

Do You Have Installed Internet Explorer Installed ?

If Yes What's The Version Of IE ?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Yes, I have IE installed on my computer. The version is 7.0.6000.16735. I hope that this is helpful.

Thanks

Henry

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Hi ..I'm still waiting for an answer..it's been 3 hours.

Ok,

Reboot Your PC In Safe Mode

Then Open Run And Type "sfc /scannow " Wirhout Quotes And Press Enter

If Required Insert WinXp Cd rom

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I started windows XP in safe mode. I then typed in SFC/scannow in the run window. It comes up with an error message to make sure that I typed the command correctly. It doesn't understand that command. Now what? Thanks Henry

Hi ,

There Is A Space Between SFC And /scannow Did You Enter It Correctly ?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
No, I didn't realize that there was a space. I'm going to try it now. I'll write you back. Should this fix the problem by itself without me doing anything more?

Im Wating For Your Reply

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
It will not run in safe mode, however it will run in regular mode. I decided to run it in regular mode. It aksed for my copy of Windows XP which I gave it. It's running the the scan now. What is really interesting is that in the control panal, the internet options doesn't even appear with a name under it. It's just the icon. I'll let you know how this scan works out. thanks henry
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

OK..I ran it but nothing happened. It ran the entire scan and came back with no messages. I still can't open Internet Options in the control panel. What's next?

Thanks

Henry

Hi

Can You See The Internet Option Icon On Control pannel ?

Can You Open Internet Explorer And Go To Tools Menu And Open Internet Option From There ?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I can see the Internet Optinons in the control panel. It just doesn't have a name under it. I can't open Internet Options from I.E. I'm going to lunch now..please send me a list of suggestions to do, I will be back in about 2 hours. Thanks

Please Download This File And Copy It To C:\Windows\System32 Folder

Now Try Openig Internet Options from Control pannel (press Key " i " on Keybord Until Internet Options Selects In Control Pannel )

Or

Try ReInstalling Internet Explorer 7

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
It won't download the file, so I will try reinstalling IE 7 and see what luck I have with that.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Hi. I reinstalled IE 7 and download the software you sent to me. I don't know how, but everything now works. A great job and thanks a million. I really appreciate you work. Everything is back to nomal.