Ed Johnson
Ed Johnson, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  USC, BS Psych & Soc. (4.0GPA)(2000 or 2001)

why is my computer slow to play porn site vidios

Customer Question

why is my computer slow to play porn site vidios?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Nicholas Ramsay replied 5 years ago.
Are the only videos that are slow from porn site? Can you view normal videos at a normal speed?

Can you tell me if this video runs slow?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ifma_3ZB24

Thanks!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
did'nt run slow but took ages to load!
By what means do you reach the internet? Who is your internet service provider?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
talktalk
Can you answer this question please.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
talktalk@aol
I am not going to email you. You can troubleshoot with me on this website.
Expert:  Ed Johnson replied 5 years ago.

Dear Tracie,

I have been asked to take a look at your question. There was not sufficient information for us to give you a definitive diagnosis of the problem. I see you gave your email address, but we are not allowed, by contractual obligations, to contact you outside this website, or we jeapordize our memberships.

However, I can provide an answer in the following way.

Any number or combination of the following issues with regard to porno-sites, indeed, any video and voice over IP heavy use site. If this is only happening with the porno sites or other high med file sites, then the most likley and most common issues without using complicated diagnostics are:

1. Band with: Band width is the biggest issue here. There are two ends to the process: (a) upload and (b) download. If either end of the process has limited bandwith, then downloading is going to be slow. Some hosting services for example, have a subscription to band with service that a business can purchase varying degrees of bandwith or "speed". Others are just limited.

2. File size: Many of the porno sites use high meg files, to improve on quality. The larger the files, the longer it takes to down load. A combination of large files and limited bandwith will cause a slow down load.

3. RAM: Your own computer can be a problem. Even if you had 1GIG of ram, if you run Vista and microsoft office, or have several other programs running in the background (which is true allmost all the time), when you open the web cam broadcasting files, or the media files form the porn site, the combination of all that program operation, uses a lot of RAM, and that then slows the computer down load time or causes intermittent play of the media programs such as microsoft media, Adobe, real player, and others such as creative.

4. Rogue Media Players: Some of the porn websites have uncommon or propriatary media players that are downloading at the same time you are trying to down load the actual media. This causes a slow down as the program is installed. this together with the RAM problem can cause a big slow down and even result in locking up your computer.

5. Spy Ware: many of the porn website have concurrent downloading of cookies and spyware programs. the loading and operating of the spyware causes a slow down.

AND finally:

6. Computer settings: Sometimes how your computer handles cookies, blocks pop-ups, and allocates space to the backup files for computer recovery, will affect how fast the computer downloads. Review your settings, and make sure you have securtiy settins at the level you want them, and turn off popup blocking.