Nicholas Ramsay
Nicholas Ramsay, Systems Engineer
Experience:  Systems Engineer 10 years +LAN, WAN, Information Security, VOIP and wireless internet expert as well as small computer repair.

I have a DEll desktop and keyboard that has a print screen/sysrq

Customer Question

I have a DEll desktop and keyboard that has a 'print screen/sysrq' key. I cannot get the print screen to work. I am always wanting to print something on the screen, but can't. HELP!!!
Category: Computer
Expert:  Nicholas Ramsay replied 8 years ago.
One thing people forget to do some times is after you have pressed print screen you must paste what you have copied. The best thing to do is after you have pressed the print screen button is to open mspaint. You can click on start run and then type in mspaint. After mspaint has opened click any where on the blank picture and hit CNTRL-V at the same time. This should paste whatever the print screen copied. After you have pasted the picture in MSPAINT you can then click on File and then print. This should allow you to print whatever print screen captured!. So in review. Printscreen does not automatically send your screen capture to the printer. You must paste it into a different program like MSPAINT first. Take care!