Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

How do I change the language settings on my acer aspire one

Customer Question

How do I change the language settings on my acer aspire one notebook computer ?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Steve Gardner replied 6 years ago.

Hi there.

Are you using XP or Vista?

What kind of language settings are you trying to change?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I purchased acer aspire one at circuit city unpackaged it and turned it on. The language was in spanish I need to change it to english
Really? Are any of the menus in English at all?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
no
what happens you are suppose to select a language when you turn on the computer. i missed that part and need to reset this to the factory default

Ok, real quick, are you using Vista or XP?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
xp

Ok. This doesn't sound right

Is everything in Spanish? For example, how is the 'Start' button labelled?

Is Control Panel labelled 'Control Panel'?

Are they in Spanish or English?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
there is no control panel on this type of computer it is a note book

Sure there is. It is right onthe Start menu.

But you didn't answer the question about the Start button. How is it labelled?

Is My Computer labelled 'My Computer'?

Here is the Control Panel link. Is your menu in Spanish?

graphic

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
the acer one is a linx system with 512 mb It is a notebook very compact

I'm really confused. You are not answering my questions and it is hard for me to help you. I am going to opt out and have someone else try to help.

Good luck.