Bulut Cy
Bulut Cy, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  10 years experience in CS, IT and technical support.

What is a safe PC CLEANER and not screw it up more than help

No Comment Added
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-What operating system are you using?
-Are you looking for a program that removes unnecessery files and speed up the PC or Are you looking a program that cleans spywares?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I am running Vista Home premium-- almost new computer- 64 bit-     I just want something sort of like DISK CLEAN-- JUST TO RID OF UNINSTALLED PROGRAM FRAGMENTS-- REGISTER CLEAN WHICH MAY BE EMPTY KEYS,
As I said   just a simple cleaning-- on the light side-- not so deep where you trash important running and or necessary items-
THANKS for I hope the understanding---
Hello againCustomer

You can use Ccleaner (You can see the link for download at the right top of the page named "click here to download latest version")

After the installation, you will see a shortcut of program, please double click it.

Program has two main tabs, Cleaner and Registry.

Cleaner is the main feature of the program, which will allow you to optimize your system, by removing unused and temporary files. It also protects your personal privacy by removing traces of the websites you have visited and the files you have opened.

Registry a more advanced feature which analysis your computers registry (where windows system settings are stored) and fixes any problems and inconsistencies that exist.

In tools section, you can uninstall programs or clear the list of programs.

Cleaner Settings are the list of checkboxes next to the navigation buttons and are present when you are in the Cleaner mode.

By checking and unchecking options you can choose to include or exclude items from the cleaning process. For example, if you uncheck the Cookies option then no Internet Explorer cookies will be removed. (You also have the choice to keep specific cookies in the Options section.)

To actually run the cleaner and remove the files, it's a simple case of just clicking the Run Cleaner button.

To use Registry cleaner, go to Registry tab and press the "Scan for Issues" button and once completed press the "Fix Selected Issues" button. You will be prompted to backup and helped throughout the process.

Thank you again for using JustAnswer.