dawber39
dawber39, IT Consultant
Experience:  Associates in Computer Information Systems, DELL Certified System Expert - Access Expert

I cant forward pictures in my email. I can receive

Customer Question

I can''t forward pictures in my email. I can receive the text and picture but when I forward to someone else--there is no picture. Only a little box with a red x.
Category: Computer
Expert:  dawber39 replied 6 years ago.
Hi and welcome to Just Answer

What are you using for your email program?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to dawber39's Post: I am using Outlook Express
Expert:  dawber39 replied 6 years ago.
Outlook Express comes packaged with Internet Explorer

What version of Internet explorer are you using?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to dawber39's Post: Internet Explorer 7    7.0.5730.11
on Windows XP Version 2002
Expert:  dawber39 replied 6 years ago.
You need to Re-install IE 7

To do that you should download Firefox 3.0 and use that as a browser while you do the work you need to. You can get that HERE

Then go into the control Panel - Add/Remove Programs - and un-install IE. Restart - then Re-install IE 7 - you can get that HERE

After you reinstall it You should install the latest service pack for XP - You can get that HERE

Then restart again
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to dawber39's Post: I did as you said but tried to forward some pictures in the email and I still get the box with the red x.   I will start all over and try again but getting very frustrated.
Expert:  dawber39 replied 6 years ago.
Beleive me - I can definitely understand your frustration. I go through it on a daily basis and I know what it feels like.

Have you tried a system restore to a time when it worked? ( I am assuming that it wroked at one point)

You can also try the scanpst.exe tool - that might help

1. Click on start go to the "search" Option then click on files or folders option.
2. In search box type scanpst.exe.
3. Double click on the scanpst.exe file to open the inbox repair tool.
4. Then enter the location of Pst file and its name or browse it for the path. (Should be located in C:\Documents and Settings\Your Username\App Data\Local\Microsoft\Outlook)
5. Then start to repair.

If this dont work we can try system restore

I know its aggrivating for you - but we can get this straightened out one way or another
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to dawber39's Post: After reading some other help online chats, while in Outlook Express,I tried clicking on tools--then options then Send tab. In the mail sending format block,I clicked the HTML button and then clicked HTML settings button. I also checked "send picture with messages" and clicked OK. Then in the Read tab and made sure it was UNCHECKED on the "read all messages in plain test"

I think it worked after testing 2 previous emails with pictures that didn't work earlier. I will continue to "play" with it tomorrow.
Expert:  dawber39 replied 6 years ago.
That could very well have been the problem -

Sometimes we (I mean everyone) overlook the simplest things

Test it by sending an email to yourself (attach a picture from your files) - after you receive it - forward it to yourself