Ask Michael L Top Notch Computer Expert Y...

Michael L Top Notch Computer Expert
Michael L Top Notch Computer Expert, One of JA's top 10 Computer Experts
Experience:  One of The Highest ranked Computer Expert on Just Answer in Accepts, Visit my Profile & Feedback

i have a emachines and i have no sound come from speaker ...

Customer Question

i have a emachines and i have no sound come from speaker but a fun comes from it and it a xp
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michael L Top Notch Computer Expert replied 5 years ago.

Hi and Welcome to Just Answer,
Ok we can take a look at this, and get you back and running.

Let's start here

Go to Start-> shut down-> Reboot

Reboot your computer, F8 safe mode

Go to

Start->Control Panel->System-> System->Hardware->Device Manager->Sound, Video and game Controls Plus symbol.

Write down the names in the area, Just incase the drivers can't be found.

Uninstall all the devices, some may be tied in to others, and as you uninstall them it will remove the others.

Reboot

The Sound devices should reinstall and you should be up and running.

If you find this post helpful please take a few minutes to leave Feedback.

By you leaving Positive Feedback you give your Expert additional opportunities to earn extra CASH and Recognition.

If you would like to give a Bonus they are always welcome.

If there is anything else let me know, If not click accept. Thank You Michael L.

Experience: One of The Highest ranked Computer Expert on Just Answer in Accepts, Visit my Profile & Feedback
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Reply to Michael L Top Notch Computer Expert's Post: I TRY THAT AND IT DIDNT WORK I DOWNLOAD DRIVEMAX TO TRY FIX IT BUT IT DIDNT WORK
Can you give me the model of your e-machine
Please stay in this area, so I can help you get through this. Please tell me the model of your machine
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Reply to Michael L Top Notch Computer Expert's Post: w2925
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
emachines w2925

Thanks for the Accept, I waited for a response last night, but it was getting late... :)

ok, I want you to download this to your desktop

http://downloads.emachines.com/drivers/audio/RealTek_AC97_v5_10_0_5320.exe

Then I want you to go back into safemode, remove ALL of the devices under the Sound, Video and game Controls

Then I Want you to run the file, see if it captures your audio and starts to work, if not reboot, then see if it works.

Another thought, Have you check to see if the speakers work on something else, or checked to make sure they are still plugged in. Sometimes, I kick the wire out but it still looks hooked up. Check that as well