Ask Michael L Top Notch Computer Expert Y...

Michael L Top Notch Computer Expert
Michael L Top Notch Computer Expert, One of JA's top 10 Computer Experts
Experience:  One of The Highest ranked Computer Expert on Just Answer in Accepts, Visit my Profile & Feedback
283538

how can i use my dell latitude monitor for my emachine tower

Customer Question

No Comment Added
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michael L Top Notch Computer Expert replied 8 years ago.

Hi and Welcome to Just Answer,
Ok, let's take a look at this;

What you need to do is, unplug the e-machine monitor, and plug the new one in. It should find it.

You may need to install the disk that came with it, if no disk, you will need to go to the website that the monitor is from and get the drivers needed to install it to work on your computer

You will need to go to safemode to make the changes to the display and monitor. and add the software.

Go to Start-> shut down-> Reboot

Reboot your computer, F8 safe mode

Go to

Start->Control Panel->System-> System->Hardware->Device Manager->Monitor.

If there is a older Monitor there

Run the update driver for the monitor device, find your monitor that you are trying to add.

Reboot

It should now work

If you need more help Let me know

Have another Question?

I am also an Expert in the following areas, please feel free to bookmark them all, then simply return to the proper profile and ask me another question;

General Questions... Michael L...JA General Topic Expert

Computer... Michael L Top Notch Computer Expert

Home Improvement... Michael L...........JA Construction

Appliances.... Michael L....JA Appliance Repairman

Entertainment... Michael L..JA Entertainment Tonight

Homework... Michael L.....JA Classroom Help 101

Remember to type somewhere in the question, this is for Michael L.

If you find this post helpful please take a few minutes to leave Feedback.

By you leaving Positive Feedback you give your Expert additional opportunities to earn extra CASH and Recognition.

If you would like to give a Bonus they are always welcome.

If there is anything else let me know, If not click accept. Thank You Michael L.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Michael L Top Notch Computer Expert's Post: a dell latitude is a laptop

Sorry that was my bad, for some reason I had Inspiron in my head.

I don't think you can use the laptop as a monitor from your e-machine. You can do the reverse to send the signal to the tv, or another monitor. But since you are using the laptop when the power is on, I don't believe that a signal will be received. Now with that said you can use a remote connection to remote into the e machine and use it directly from your laptop.

To install Remote Desktop Connection 32-bit computers

On the computer running Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows NT 4.0 or Windows 2000, insert the Windows XP Professional compact disc into your CD-ROM drive.

When the Welcome page appears, click Perform additional tasks, and then click Set up Remote Desktop Connection.

Follow the directions that appear on your screen.

To create a new connection

Open Remote Desktop Connection.

In Computer, type a computer name or IP address. The computer can be a terminal server or it can be a computer running Windows Professional or Server that has Remote Desktop enabled and for which you have Remote Desktop permissions.

Click Connect.

The Log On To Windows dialog box appears.

In the Log On To Windows dialog box, type your user name, password, and domain if required, and then click OK.