Vincent, Programmer
Experience:  PHP/MySQL, Windows & Linux, Web developer, Computer Security, Computer Hardware, Web Hosting

How do I make Adobe Reader the default application for ...

How do I make Adobe Reader the default application for .pdf files in Outlook vs. Adobr Acrobat?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Vincent replied 8 years ago.

In order to set a program as the default loader for a certain filetype, what you need to do first is save said file to your computer. Once it is saved on a file on your computer, browse to wherever it is you saved it at.

Right-click on the file and select "Open With" from the menu that appears. Select the program in the list of applications that you want to handle this type of file. In this case, Adobe Reader.

Make sure the checkbox is active next to "Always use the selected program to open this type of file". Click OK.

From now on, through Outlook or any other method, .pdf files will open in Adobe Reader.

If you have any problems with this, let me know and I'll help you out.