Kate
Kate, Computer Support Technician
Experience:  Can build computers from bare bones, setup small netwks, & POS systems. Graphics & software savvy.
9645162

If your computer is offline, how do you change it back to online

Customer Question

No Comment Added
Category: Computer
Expert:  Kate replied 8 years ago.

HelloCustomer

Thank you for asking your question here.

How are you connecting to the Internet? Dialup? DSL? Cable? Wireless?

Have you been connected before?

Can you describe exactly what happened to put you offline?

Kate

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Kate's Post: through cable, i dont really know how it got offline, probably made a mistake and push something
Expert:  Kate replied 8 years ago.

eant4ever,

What version of Internet Explorer is on your computer?

Turn on your computer, go to Internet Explorer, go to HELP and choose ABOUT INTERNET EXPLORER. A window will come up that says something like INTERNET EXPLORER Version #. The version number is XXXXX I need to know.

Kate

Expert:  Kate replied 8 years ago.
Customer

In considering your problem, I think the easiest thing for you would be to call your Internet Service Provider and tell them your computer is all hooked up and you were using the Internet, but now your computer shows that you are offline and you need to get back on the Internet. They should step you through it over the phone. I can work with you if you prefer, I just think YOU will find it easier to do with a phone call. You can take notes so if it happens again, you'll know what to look for.

Kate