John D
John D, BS Degree in Engineering.
Experience:  Bachelor of Science - Engineering Consultant

how do I mirror or flip an image in adobe acrobat

Customer Question

No Comment Added
Category: Computer
Expert:  John D replied 6 years ago.

Here are the steps to flip an image in a pdf document using Acrobat:

- Open the document in Acrobat
- Select the TouchUp Object tool from Advanced Editing group
- Select the image or images you want to edit.
- Right-click and choose Edit Image. Photoshop opens, and displays the image or images.
- In Photoshop, click Image > Rotate Canvas > 180, 90 Horizontal, or Vertical
- Choose File > Save. The image is saved, closed, and replaced in Acrobat

That should do it.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

John D, BS Degree in Engineering.
Experience: Bachelor of Science - Engineering Consultant
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I do not have photoshop on this machine I do have PicturePub which I can usually flip or mirror a jpg

can it NOT be done solely in Adobe Acrobat
Expert:  John D replied 6 years ago.

No, you cannot edit images in Acrobat itself, but it is done from Acrobat which will launch the editing program when you click on Edit Image,

What Acrobat can do is rotate the entire page, and you do that from Document > Rotate Page.

Let me know if you have any questions, and thank you for the accept.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to John D's Post: I do not have photoshop on this pc

can it be done just with Acrobat?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I know how to rotate a page, BUT for this I want to mirror or flip the image so I can print a heat transfer
Expert:  John D replied 6 years ago.

Ok, follow the steps in my original answer until you get to step 4 and tell me what happens when you click on Edit Image.

Expert:  John D replied 6 years ago.

If you do not have Photoshop and if nothing happens when you click on the Edit Image then you do not have a photo program setup to work with Acrobat. In that case follow these steps to specify PicturePub or any other photo editing program:

Open Acrobat, then choose Edit > Preferences > TouchUp to open the dialog. For both the image and text editor selections, click the appropriate button, either Choose Image Editor or Choose Page/Object Editor, to open a browse dialog. Locate the program you want to use and select it. Click Open to close the dialog and assign the program to the function. Then, click OK to close the dialog and set the preferences.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I can only click edit, preferences, there is no Touchup step
Expert:  John D replied 6 years ago.

Here is a screenshot of the Preferences dialog showing the TouchUp option:

graphic

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to John D's Post: Like I said I do not have PhotoShop on this PC and this directory shows it going to Photoshop.

My menu choice do not have Touchup in Acrobat 7.0

I have PDF Converter-Nuance and I am going to load this now, I believe it has more features.
Expert:  John D replied 6 years ago.

I'm not sure I understand what you are saying.

The screenshot above IS indeed for cases where you DO NOT have Photoshop installed. That is why you need to go there and click the 'Choose Image Editor' button to select another program.

AND

The screenshot above IS indeed applicable to Adobe Acrobat 7.0 Professional

So where is the problem?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to John D's Post: Ok - first of all-I do not show TOUCHUP under categories after I click Preferences...so what do you think is up with that?
Expert:  John D replied 6 years ago.

hmmm. That is very strange. Sounds like you have some corruption in your acrobat program files.

You can try to reinstall Acrobat. Or you can send me that document and I will try to flip the picture for you. Let me know if you want me to do this.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to John D's Post: I can get it mirrored with our graphics guy, I just wanted to be able to do it at my desktop if possible. I am going to install PDF Converter now and see if it is more intuitive.
Expert:  John D replied 6 years ago.

Ok, try PDF converter and let me know what happens, though I do not think that it will resolve the Edit Image issue in Acrobat.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to John D's Post: you are right, they are 2 different programs. But perhaps I will try a re-install in Adboe Acrobat as well. Stay tuned