Vincent
Vincent, Programmer
Experience:  PHP/MySQL, Windows & Linux, Web developer, Computer Security, Computer Hardware, Web Hosting
4502644

I have an HP 5610 officejet printer. Keep getting error ...

I have an HP 5610 officejet printer. Keep getting error code 0xd0620230 ResetPower when I try to print. After resetting power, I still have the same problem. Installed new cartridges, now I cannot get an alignment sheet printed without getting that error. What can I do to get rid of that error code and align the new cartridges?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Vincent replied 6 years ago.
Use the instructions below to resolve the issue by restarting the product.
  1. Disconnect the Universal Serial Bus (USB) cable from the back of the product, but leave the product turned on.
  2. Open the cover of the product and remove the print cartridges.
  3. Close the cover and wait for the Insert Ink Cartridges message to display.
  4. Disconnect the power cord from the back of the product and wait for one minute.
  5. Reconnect the power cord. If the product does not automatically turn on, press the Power button.
  6. Open the cover and reinsert the print cartridges.
  7. Close the cover. If prompted, print a calibration page.
  8. Reconnect the USB cable, and try to print a print job from the computer.
If you are still experiencing problems after this, please let me know.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I cannot accept the answer. I have tried all of the answers before and still having the error 0xd0620230 Reset Power. I installed 2 new cartridges, now I can't get an alignment sheet printed. Keep getting the same error code.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to Vincent's Post: Cannot accept answer because I have done all those from a paper received from HP. Still having the problem, even worse after installing 2 new HP cartridges. Now I cannot print an alignment sheet withoug getting the dame error and shutting down the printer.
Expert:  Vincent replied 6 years ago.
Considering the fix I mentioned came from HP themselves, I wouldn't doubt you've already tried it. I'm just trying to go through the steps I know beforehand.

Have you attempted uninstalling the printer drivers and software and performed a reinstallation?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes, I have tried reinstalling dfrivers. Did not work. Still getting the errors. I will not be using this printer from the computer, just for copying. Error still shows up, no matter what I do.
Expert:  Vincent replied 6 years ago.
My final possible solution has three different levels to it. A soft reset, a hard reset and a total system reset. All of which involve you unplugging the device entirely.

The soft and hard resets will not delete any information stored inside of the device. The total system reset will clear the entire device's memory of any stored information you have in it, but stands the best chance of fixing your problem.

I'd suggest attempting all three, starting with the less involved one first.

To perform these resets, plug the power back in and turn the system on while holding the following buttons in.

# XXXXX 3 - soft reset
# XXXXX 6 - hard reset
# XXXXX 9 - full reset

If none of these work, please let me know. Remember, you must have the power off when you begin to hold these buttons. Then power on while still holding the buttons.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have tried all 3 resets, turning on the power while holdng the buttons. Still got same error code on all three tries. Anything further?
Expert:  Vincent replied 6 years ago.
I actually got rather stumped. I managed to get ahold of someone from HP through alternate means and they themselves only provided the suggestions that I did. Apparently neither of those solutions have worked for you.

I've no idea what else to try here. It may just end up being a faulty device. If it's under warranty, I'd suggest discussing things with someone from HP about getting a repair issued. If not, sadly, you may need to get yourself another printer.

I'm sorry I couldn't be of much assistance to you. I apologize for making you run though the standard procedures as well, but again... there's really not much that can be done BUT that.

If you'd like, I can opt out and see if another expert can help you out, but something tells me they'd probably just have you do the same things. That is, however, an option nonetheless.
Vincent, Programmer
Experience: PHP/MySQL, Windows & Linux, Web developer, Computer Security, Computer Hardware, Web Hosting