Vincent
Vincent, Programmer
Experience:  PHP/MySQL, Windows & Linux, Web developer, Computer Security, Computer Hardware, Web Hosting
4502644

how do i download my email to a flah drive

Customer Question

No Comment Added
Category: Computer
Expert:  Vincent replied 6 years ago.

Can you please tell me what email program you're using?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to Vincent's Post: aol email
Expert:  Vincent replied 6 years ago.
Are you using the AOL program itself, or are you using the webmail at aol.com?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to Vincent's Post: I'm using aol 9.0 security edition se
Expert:  Vincent replied 6 years ago.

To save an e-mail message to the Saved on My PC folder:
  1. From any mail listing, click once on an e-mail message to select it.
  2. Click the Save button.
  3. A menu will display, asking you to save the mail to AOL or to your PC.
  4. Select: 'On My PC', 'Saved on My PC' folder or specify a location to save the file yourself.
In the case that you want to move the files to a Flash drive, you can later access these files in the AOL directory. If you chose to save them onto the Flash drive itself, you can ignore this paragraph.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I am not sure how to do that
Expert:  Vincent replied 6 years ago.
Which part are you unsure about? I'll try to explain as best as possible.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
how do i get the email on the flash drive/ how do i access the flash drive
Expert:  Vincent replied 6 years ago.
When you put the flash drive into your computer, a window should pop up. This window will say something in the blue bar on the top. With this should be the drive letter of the device.

With the device plugged in, follow the instructions I gave you earlier. Save the email to "On My PC" and search for the drive letter listed in the drop-down box on that screen. You will then be saving the mail directly onto the flash drive.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
the flash drive is plugged in/the email is on my pc /now what do i do
Expert:  Vincent replied 6 years ago.
You follow my steps from earlier.

To save an e-mail message to the folder:
  2. Click the Save button.
  4. Select: 'On My PC' and specify a location to save the file yourself. This will be the drive letter of your flash drive.

Save the file using the above instructions to that drive. This will put the email onto your flash drive.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
how do i get the email from drive c to drive e
Expert:  Vincent replied 6 years ago.
Again, if you follow the instructions I gave you, there will be a drop-down menu on the save dialog. From there, select the drop-down, and select drive E.

If you can't find Drive E listed by itself, then the drive hierarchy would be My Computer > E.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
thats the problem iam unable to specify where to download the email other than on my pc
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i am unable to specify where to down load the email other than on my pc.
Expert:  Vincent replied 6 years ago.
Again, you use the method I specified. I'm looking at the screen right now on my own PC, using a friend's AOL account to verify the instructions I gave you. This is the only way you can do what you suggested.

The other method would be to save it to another folder on your C drive somewhere, then browse to that folder and click-and-drag the files over to drive E on My Computer.
Expert:  Vincent replied 6 years ago.
It's been just about an hour, so I'm checking in with you. Have you figured out how to save the emails yet? If you need more help, please let me know.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I need more help. When I log on to AOL I go direct to AOL. I do not use internet explorer. does that make a difference? The email i open comes from my aol mailbox. The email I want to save would be kept on my flash drive and all other email would be deleted. What should I do now?
Expert:  Vincent replied 6 years ago.
I'm really not sure what else to tell you. I've told you exactly what you need to be doing twice now. I'll try to explain further.

Go into your AOL mailbox. Highlight, but do not open, a piece of mail. Click on the button that says "Save". When there, click on "On My PC" and navigate to the drive letter of the flash drive. Save the file. The file will then be on your Flash drive.

Alternatively, when saving the file, you can save the file directly into your AOL folder by going through the first few steps I mentioned above. Go into your AOL mailbox and highlight a piece of mail. Click "Save," "On My PC," "Saved on My PC." Your files will then appear inside of your AOL directory. (C:\AOL 9.0)

From there, you can browse the emails you have saved, copy them, and manually place them onto the Flash drive.

Sadly, I cannot provide you with any further assistance than this. If you need any further help, your best bet would be to contact AOL.

______________
Remember that if my answer is useful to you, you'll need to click "ACCEPT", otherwise I won't get paid for assisting you. Positive feedback and/or bonuses are also highly appreciated. Thank you for using JustAnswer.