Sean Juan
Sean Juan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Expert in PC desktop, laptop, and blackberry support - Web and Graphic Design - SEO
7441871

How can I tell if my computer is being monitored by another ...

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
How can I tell if my computer is being monitored by another computer? I believe one of the terms used is "GHOSTING". Is there any way to tell if this is is happening to my system? I have Mcafee Security w/ firewall installed. I'm running Windows XP,Home edition. Thanks!

Before we look at your problem could you tell me what may make you suspect you are being monitored?

Do you have a person in mind who may be trying to spy on you?

Let us know so we can see what method they may try.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
The person I live with may have the ability to do this..I don' thave any proof...just a few things he's said over the past month...makes me a bit suspicious. Is there anyway to see if this system is being monitored. I may not be able to get back on JA for a while, I don't want him to know I'm doing this...I will get back to you as soon as I can. Thanks
Since you have Windows XP, you can use this "keylogger detector".
It will detect ANY programs that are reading your screen or logging anything you type....best of all its FREEEEEE

http://www.snoopfree.com/
Sean Juan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Expert in PC desktop, laptop, and blackberry support - Web and Graphic Design - SEO
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
I've downloaded it....how does it work?
Install it and it will reside on your machine and continously monitor for programs that will try to monitor what you type. You will get a popup if it occurs.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Thank you!
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX soon. The program will even alert you when good programs try to read your screen. Some are ok such as adobe acrobat. If you are not sure if its a good program, just google it and you will find out if its a good program.