Ed, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  Electrical Engineer / Computer Engineer / IS Security Manager / 17 Years of Experience

how do i connect my panasonic viera tv to my HP 530 Laptop

Customer Question

Category: Computer
Expert:  Ed replied 8 years ago.
To hook the laptop to the TV would require that you purchase a cable such as this one:

This would connect to the back of the TV that says "pc" (circled in red)

to the computers external VGA monitor.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
i dont have that connection on the back of my tv. i only have r,g,b, & w,r. at the front i have s video, but i do not have s video on the laptop. i have a vga to r,g,b cable but the screen is liney and fuzzy and looks like the coloured lines revolving.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
my reply has not been answered. i did not accept the original answer and have been charged! please refund my money. i thought this looked like a genuine help website - but seems i was wrong!
Expert:  Ed replied 8 years ago.

It sounds to me like you need to adjust your refresh rate and resolution, you have the connection made, now you just need to tune it.

To do this, you will need to go to the display settings in the control panel:

Click Start - Settings - Control Panel - Display - Settings Tab

You can change the Resolution on this page - I would recommend using the lowest possible and then try working your way up.

To change the refresh rate, click the advanced button and then click the monitor tab. You will see a drop down menu of screen refresh rate settings. Once again start with the lowest setting and work your way up.

You should be able to clean up your display this way.

Your deposit is still in your JustAnswer account, you have not paid for this answer until press accept. If you are really not happy with this answer, do not accept. I am not happy until you are happy.