Thomas Harris
Thomas Harris, Webmaster/Designer
Experience:  7yrs+ Maintaining and designing websites using Adobe Creative Suite..CS2...CS3, Building Computers

How do you set page size in Adobe Acrobat Writer 8.0

Customer Question

No Comment Added
Category: Computer
Expert:  Thomas Harris replied 6 years ago.

HiCustomer

If you want to change the sizes of pages in Adobe Acrobat

open page

Goto> document >Crop Pages....and here it will allow you to change the page size for the document you are working on without changing any default settings.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I tried that. All of the letters and numbers undre "change page size" mean nothing to me. I don't know what size any of them actually are. When I checked "Custom Size" and changed the page size to 4.25 x 6.75 I got a message that said "PAGE SIZE CANNOT BE REDUCED".

Hi againCustomer

Are you using the Standard or Professional edition?

I personally use the professional edition. If you use the standar edition i will have to resurch this furthur for you however, its not something that i would expect would be special to the professional edition 8.0.

graphic

this is the crop box you should be seeing, As you can see the top page has been reduced in comparison to the one below it.

Please let me know if this is what you see, if it is then forget everythin that you see other than the 4 vertical boxes to the left which have up and down arrows you dont need to put any page size in.

You will see your page change in the preview beside it, and the page size will display below the preview.

please be aware that if you do not have any margins set and there is no room for it to crop then your page will not be able to be resized.

Let me know how you go.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I do see that page. What I see is that on the right there is a picture of the page. Below it there is a caption that says "Cropped Page Size 5.500 x 8.000 inches"
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Sorry, I forgot to mention I am using a trial version of Adobe Acrobat 8.1. I WAS able to get the file to print in a 4.5 x 6.75 format by changing the paper type to index card, but I don't think that is going to fly with my publisher.

Thanks
Don

No Problem thanks for letting me know.

i highly recommend that before you buy the full version that you go Here and get a 1 month subscription. You will be able to watch the training video's for Adobe. I received a gift from Adobe when i purchaced/upgraded to their web premium CS3 which just happens to include Adobe Acrobat 8.1 and i just cant stay away from the place.

infact i was just there making sure i was giving you the correct info.

If I can help you any further with any Adobe product please just let me know.

Have a great day

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks for your reply. I would like to say that my problem is fixed, but I still am unable to change the page size in the PDF file.

I am using the Free Trial Version of Adobe Acrobat Professional 8.1 and it is about as clear as MUD!!

I wish that I could accept your answer, but truthfully, it hasn't solved my problem. The only way I can get the printe to print a 4.25 x 6.75 page is to set the paper size on the printer to "card file". To submit this file to my publisher as such would probably not be a good idea. I'm sure they would not want to print my book on card file size paper.

If you agree that my problem has not been solved, please e-mail me. If you think that I should accept your anser, I will do so once I hear from you.

Thanks

Good point!!!

What program are creating your your pages in? ms word? excel? because this is where you will have to create your size even before typing a word. if you custom size your word document and then save as a pdf your Pages will be what ever size you want.

graphic

Thomas Harris, Webmaster/Designer
Experience: 7yrs+ Maintaining and designing websites using Adobe Creative Suite..CS2...CS3, Building Computers
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for your patience. I used MS Word 2000 to create the original manuscript.

I will try reformatting the original Word file to the size I need before using Acrobat 8 to convert it to PDF.

I have accepted your answer.

Thank You.

Always a Pleasure and thankyou very much you wil find AA 8.1.1 can do some pretty cool things with its publication tool etc once you have given it a canvas to work with.

Have a great day and Good Luck with your Book.