Dave K
Dave K, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  30+ years experience in I.T., Certified Oracle Developer & DBA, and Director of I.T.
4585472

How do I download pictures from a CD to my computer harddrive

No Comment Added

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. I am assuming you have a CD reader on your computer, so it is fairly straightforward to copy pictures from a CD to the hard drive. By the way, technically this is not downloading - download would be when you bring a picture from another system (usually via the internet) to your computer.

Anyway, here's how to do it. There are actually several ways, but I am going to describe the way that (I hope) makes the most intuitive sense. Let's assume you will save the pictures in the "My Pictures" folder under "My Documents".

1. Double click "My Documents" to open the folder (it will either be on your desktop or visible when you click the "Start" button)
  2. Double click the "My Pictures" folder to open that. Drag the folder to one side of the screen.
  3. Now double-click on "My Computer', and then double-click on your CD drive icon. You should now see a list of picture files. If they are in folders, keep clicking down until you find them. If you want to see the actual pictures, click "View" at the top of the window, and then click "Thumbnails". Drag this window to the other side of your screen so you can see both this one and the "My Pictures" folder.
  4. Now you can simply drag pictures from the CD folder to "My Pictures". Alternately you can select one or more pictures, then right-click and select "Copy", then click in "My Pictures" , right-click, and select "Paste" - this is another way to do the same thing.

That's all there is to it - it probably sounds a lot harder than it is.

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Dear XXXXX,

Thank you for your promt reply. I am printing the reply right now and will do as you suggested shortly. I have done a lot of editing and fun stuff with Pinnacle....s soft ware program that I use with my camcorder. I want to do a slideshow of photos of a friend of mine and I want her to put her photos on a CD to make it easier for me to then put them in one folder and then move that folder for Pinnacle for editing. Hope this will work.
For what you describe, you really don't even need to copy them to your hard drive first unless you want to. You can simply open the folder on the CD drive and move them directly from there to Pinnacle. Either way should work.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Yes.....you are correct...I am doing that now. I guess the problem I was having was that I had made a DVD-R video of pictures and there was no file (per se) in the video...so I was unable to retrieve those photos into Pinnacle for the slideshow. The file is the important piece of the equation, it seems.
I'm glad to hear you have your project under control. I would greatly appreciate it if you would leave "Positive" feedback for me when you have a chance. Thanks!