Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer, Microsoft
Experience:  approx 20 years of experience from software to hardware design
5195814

Why wont my laptop detect my wireless mouse

The mouse is a Leed''s ASI / 66887 item 1650-99GA and my laptop is a Dell Latitude D505. Thanks!

HI,

If you plug in your mouse then click start, settings, control panel then open system.

Open the hardware tab and selet the device manager.

Look and see if anything has a yellow or red mark next to it.

If there is a yellow mark then double click it and select the drivers tab, From there select update driver and let the program run.

Hopefully your machine should install the driver anit will work.

Let me know if that does not work.

Regards

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Eric's Post: The mouse is wireless so I don't understand what you mean? Also, when you say Hardware in control panel are you referring to "Add Hadware"?

All hardware needs a driver, so what I need you to do is make sure the driver is installed correctly.

Just click start then settings, Select Control Panel.

From control panel on the top left hit classic view then you should see system.

open system then open the hardware tab and select the device manager.

Let me know

Thanks

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Eric's Post: It appears that I've never loaded the driver, and I don't know if I have it. Any suggestions?

Ok,

Did you go to device manager?

If so did you have a yellow icon?

Let me know

Thanks

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Eric's Post: yes, i went to the device manager but the only thing yellow was a quesion mark on mouse tab, and then on PCI modem. looks like i'm out of luck without the cd, right?

Great,

Just double click the yellow icon on the mouse tab and select the drivers tab, From there select update driver and let the program run.

Could you give me the exact number of the mouse so I can find you a driver if the software will not auto install.

Thanks

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
I followed your directions but it only recognized the Dell mouse that is part of the laptop and I couldn't go any further. I did a search and signed up for Driver.Guide.com but they don't seem to have any Leed's mouse devices. I can search more from here unless you have a quick solution. The back of the mouse says LEED's ASI / 66887, Item 1650-99GA, PO# XXXXX

Ok,

If you signed up for Driverguide then try lookiing for ASI66887.zip

If that does not work then try uninstalling the mouse by right clicking it in Device Manager, Then unplug it and reboot.

Run the Zip from driverguide and then plug it in.

Let me know what happens.

Thanks

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Eric's Post: After searching around and reading a bit I've come to the conclusion that this isn't a very good mouse anyway and I'll go buy a new one (with a driver).

How does this work? Do I click accept and pay the $9 that I selected at the beginning? I appreciate you help.

From the looks of things the mouse is a promotional freebee and as such finding support will be somewhat difficult.

If you are happy with the answers I provided then you click the accept button and hopefully leave me positive feedback.

If you are not happy with the answers then you dont have to hit the accept.

Regards