Toe, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  10 Years Hardware and Software Computer Support, [Bachelor Degree] - *Graphic Design*

somehow my icons on my HP laptop are now huge.

somehow my icons on my HP laptop are now huge. When I log onto the internet everything is huge. How do I make everything back smaller? I right clicked on the desktop and clicked on properties and tried to change the icons to a smaller size but that didnt work.
Answered via Just Answer Chat.

Please go to start, then control panel. Select the ease of access option. Then select, optomize visual display. Now scroll down to "make the things on the screen larger" If Magnifyer is turned on, uncheck the box. You can also click on Change the size of text and icons and make sure it is set on the defualt size. If it is on Larger scale, this could be your problem.

You can also check your desktop icons by right clicking on your desktop and selecting "view." You can then choose between small med and large icons.

I hope this has solved your problem and would appreciate an accept and feedback! Anymore questions please do not hesistate to ask!

All the best,

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
That didnt work
Ok let's try to change the screen resolution. Right Click on the desktop. Select personalize. Then select display settings. Bring the resolution slider up to high. This should make the screen resolution smaller. You can adjust the slider to the resolution that works best for you. Let me know how this works out...
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thank you so much. That worked! I will deinitely hit you again if I have any problems

I am so glad that worked! If you have any more questions or problems please feel free to ask me! Thanks again!

Yours truly,