John D
John D, BS Degree in Engineering.
Experience:  Bachelor of Science - Engineering Consultant
53785

how do I get back my excel toolbar

Customer Question

The tool bar dissapeared and I cant get it back.
Category: Computer
Expert:  John D replied 7 years ago.

Right click on an empty area nex to the Menu (where the toolbar should be), then place a check in the boxes 'Standard' and 'Formatting'.

If this is not what your question was about, please provide more detail about the problem.

Hope this helps.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I dont have an option to click on Standard and Formatiing. When I righ clic above the cells nothing opens up.
Expert:  John D replied 7 years ago.

Okay, from the menu click View then select Toolbars, then click on Standard.

Does this bring back your toolbar?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
There is no menu or view available.    I only receive the excel page and thee is no menu bar, just the bars to put in the formulars and information.     I need to know how to get back the menue bar so please dont keep on asking me to do things that can only be done when the menu bar is present.   thank you.
Expert:  John D replied 7 years ago.

Sounds like you do not have Microsoft Excel installed. Instead you are using Excel Viewer or an excel sheet on your browser. Is this correct?

To find out if you have Excel installed, click the Start button > All Programs, and look for Microsoft Excel in the list.

Let me know.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
its there
Expert:  John D replied 7 years ago.

I suppose you mean the Microsoft Excel program is there.

Now close excel and all other applications, then restart excel from Start > All Programs > Microsoft Excel.

What do you see on the top bar?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Microsoft Excel-Book1
Expert:  John D replied 7 years ago.

I'm sorryCustomer in order for me to be able to help you, you need to do a little better with your answers!

1- Can you tell me whether you have a menu bar on top, any tools, or just a totally empty area with nothing on it except Book1.

2- Is this a full version of Microsoft Excel or a Trial Version?

3 - Which version of Excel is it?

4- What is your operating system?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I have one line whcih has two feilds, one with the cell number and the other for the formular. Under that line are the cells with the letters across.   This is a full version of excel from office 2000 and I'm using XP with service pack2.
Expert:  John D replied 7 years ago.

Thanks for the information.

If your Excel program looks like this, then you probably have some corrupted program files, which means you need to repair or reinstall excel.

graphic

In this case, while in excel, click Alt + H. This should bring up the Help menu. If it does, select 'Detect and Repair' and follow the instructions until the process is completed.

If you cannot get the Detect and Repair option, close all applications and click Start > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs. Then look for Microsoft Office in the list, select it and click the Change button. Then choose the Detect and repair from there.

Let me know how it goes.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I wanted to get the tool bar back without reinstalling office. I will need time to find the original discs.   Please do not charge my card until I'm able to find the discs and this problem is corrected. Thanks
Expert:  John D replied 7 years ago.

Okay try this, if it doesn't work then you need to reinstall excel.

Open Excel, press the Alt + T keys together. Then choose Customize.

Now click on the Commands tab on top, and then scroll down near the end and select Built In Menus. Then in the right pane click on View and drag it to the top of the application where the menu bar and toolbar should be. click Close.

Do you see the View item on the menu bar now?