Ask Michael L Top Notch Computer Expert Y...

Michael L Top Notch Computer Expert
Michael L Top Notch Computer Expert, One of JA's top 10 Computer Experts
Experience:  One of The Highest ranked Computer Expert on Just Answer in Accepts, Visit my Profile & Feedback

I need to set my computer back to where it was a month ...

I need to set my computer back to where it was a month ago. How do I do that?

Hi and Welcome to Just Answer,

Ok, to set it back a month, please do the following

1. Click Start, point to All Programs, point to Accessories, point to System Tools, and then click System Restore.

2. On the Welcome screen, click Restore my computer to an earlier time, and then click Next.

3. On the Select a Restore Point page, select the date from the calendar that shows the point you'd like to restore to, and then click next.

4. On the Confirm Restore Point Selection page, verify that the correct restore point is chosen, and then close any open programs.

5. Click Next if you are ready to proceed or click Back to change the restore point.

6. The computer will shut down automatically and reboot. On reboot, you'll see the Restoration Complete page, and then click OK.

After reviewing the stability of your system, you can choose another restore point or undo this restoration. Just open System Restore and make the appropriate choice. After you use System Restore, you'll have an additional task; Undo my last restoration, on the System Restore Welcome page. Remember that you'll have to reinstall any programs that were installed after the restore point.

If System Restore doesn't work in Normal Mode, it might work in Safe Mode. To use System Restore in Safe Mode, press the F8 key during reboot and choose Safe Mode. When your computer starts in either Safe Mode or Normal Mode, System Restore can be used to capture a working previous state. System Restore can't be opened unless the system is bootable into one of these modes.

If you find this post helpful please take a few minutes to leave Feedback.

By you leaving Positive Feedback you give your Expert additional opportunities to earn extra CASH and Recognition.

If you would like to give a Bonus they are always welcome.

If there is anything else let me know, If not click accept. Thank You Michael L.