Lindie
Lindie, Computer Repairer
Experience:  Have worked with computer since 1998. From software to hardware
163146

how do I hook up speakers to a dell computer

I have a Dell computer and Labtec speakers. I think I am missing a cord. Do the speakers plug into an electric outlet at all or just to each other and the computer? Thanks.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Lindie replied 9 years ago.

Some speakers can be powered via the computer and some are powered via an outlet.

If they are self powered, then you should have one speaker that only has one wire attached to the other speak. And from the other speaker should have a wire that will get plugged into the computer speaker plug.

If there is a small round hole on the back of the speaker that has the wire that goes to the computer, then that would be for the power supply to get plugged into an outlet.

Hope this helps, If you need anything else please feel free to ask. If you found this helpful don't forget to click the *ACCEPT* button and please take a moment to leave me *POSITIVE* feedback.