Ask Michael L Top Notch Computer Expert Y...

Michael L Top Notch Computer Expert
Michael L Top Notch Computer Expert, One of JA's top 10 Computer Experts
Experience:  One of The Highest ranked Computer Expert on Just Answer in Accepts, Visit my Profile & Feedback

undo trash - restore iphoto library

Customer Question

Accidentally emptied trash on (iMac flat screen G4) using OSX, with iPhoto library and photos in it. Trying to find where the emptied trash is buried in my operating system. New to mac computers. Need to restore these photo files and missing iPhoto library.

Have not emptied anymore trash, Will not turn off computer, have tried searching online mac discussions to no avail. Did not use Secure Empty Trash, just the basic. Undo not available from top menu. Tried control-Z suggested by my college son, not work.

Can I recover or restore photo items from emptied trash? Thanks from Michigan.
Category: Computer
Expert:  james replied 9 years ago.

Yes you can recover items once you have deleted them from your trash. Please download and use the following program.

It has a Free trial version however it costs $20. But let me say it will be the BEST 20 bucks you ever spent and it is well worth it!

Hope this helps. Please click the Green Accept Button.

Expert:  james replied 9 years ago.

Im sorry that one is for Windows Only. This is the one for Macs.

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.
I am looking for method to finding deleted files within my own Apple/Mac operating system without buying additional software.

I know it can be done on a PC system, but I am new to the Mac OSx system.
Expert:  bytestream replied 9 years ago.

I'm afraid that Macintosh strongly protects its system, so you cannot achieve this without purchasing special software. And like James said, that's a great price -- consider the value of your photos!

Expert:  Michael L Top Notch Computer Expert replied 9 years ago.

Hi and Welcome to Just Answer,
Ok we can take a look at this,

Might I suggest?

Here are the directions for recovering files from MAC,

If you need more help let me know

If you find this post helpful please take a few minutes to leave Feedback.

By you leaving Positive Feedback you give your Expert additional opportunities to earn extra CASH and Recognition.

If you would like to give a Bonus they are always welcome.

If there is anything else let me know, If not click accept. Thank You Michael L.

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.
Answers were too generic, as I know how to purchase software to help me. I desire an answer to find them within my computer system, and where they are located on my hard drive once I have emptied the Trash bin.

ok, Sorry I was no help

I am going to OPT OUT to see if you can find a more detail answer. Thanks for letting me help.