Network Engineer
Network Engineer, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  30 Years Experience Hardware and Software Support,Mac OS X, Expert.
2890144

I keep getting a script error message which freezes up ...

I keep getting a script error message which freezes up my programs. It try's to get me to debug and it is always the same line. Every time I try to type anything into the computer the error message for debugging keeps coming up. What can I do to fix this problem. When I open up the debug program and get to the line that has the problem it will not let me repair it.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Network Engineer replied 9 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer. The other experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

What is the program thats crashing and can you
paste the error code for me to decipher ?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
This "null" error message will pop up without any warning and on any program that I am working on, I am using windows XP home edition. When it comes up all I get is the directions to go to debug and when I try to copy the message it will not copy.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
I was just now into one of my web sites and the scripte error just occurred again. This is now in Microsoft script which is now saying that some words dont make sense. I tried to copy the message again and it still will not allow me to copy so I can paste it here so you can see the problem. I tried to correct the wording problem but in the debug script it will not allow me to do anything.
Click Start, and then click Control Panel. Click Performance and Maintenance, then click Administrative Tools, and then double-click Computer Management. Or, open the MMC containing the Event Viewer snap-in.
2. In the console tree, click Event Viewer.

The Application, Security, and System logs are displayed in the Event Viewer window
you will be able to cut and paste the error here.
with no problem.
Well here's a nifty and easy way to turn it off.

Right Click on Internet Explorer and Click Properties
----- or -----
Open Internet Explorer. Click Tools | Internet Options

Click The "Advanced" Tab

The 4th Item in "Browsing" should say "Disable Script Debugging"

Check it and you are all set! Enjoy a Debug-Free Browsing experience.