Michael D
Michael D, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 11 years of experience with Windows XP/2003, Windows NT, and Macintosh hardware and software.
1415288

what can causes computer screen crack. my lap top crack and ...

Customer Question

what can causes computer screen crack. my lap top crack and i trying to get it repair and they fry's electronic say it is a physical damage.   i think it a defect in the top of the screen. can u help me out?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michael D replied 9 years ago.

With computer laptops if pressure is applied in the wrong location, like getting hit while being carried, it can cause the screen to crack. Also if the laptop is dropped it can also cause the screen to crack. If none of these things has occurred then it's possible it's a manufacturing defect.

If you will provide the make and model of your laptop I can do some research to see if anyone else has had the same problems. You could use this information to attempt to get Fry's to send it in for repair.

Thank You,

Michael D.