Guru_Guy, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  Over 20 years PC & Network experience. Currently the Director of Information Systems for a law firm.

how do override copyright on dvds for free to copy to ...

Customer Question

how do override copyright on dvds for free to copy to other discs and my psp?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Guru_Guy replied 9 years ago.

As a technical matter, you can create an ISO image of a DVD using a free program like DVD Decrypter, which you can read about or download here:

Once you have the image, you can use any DVD burning software to create a DVD. Typically, you need to have a Dual Layer DVD drive in order to accommodate the amount of data contained on a full DVD.

As a legal matter, copying a restricted DVD is a violation of copyright law. Many believe that making backup copies of DVDs that you own is considered "fair use" and is protected. However, you should make your own legal determination before proceeding with any such copies.

For more information and resources, you may also find this site helpful:

I hope this helps!