Mike, LTD
Mike, LTD, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  BS CSci, nearly 30 years in the computer industry
2861134

how can i get a copy of my drivers license to print online

Customer Question

I need to get just a copy of my husbands ohio drivers license and we live in arizona, can I get this picture online?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Mike, LTD replied 10 years ago.
I couldn't find any resources to look up driver's license on-line. Now *driving records* are available, but it sounds like you want the *drivers license* itself.

I've been very interested and well-read on personal security issues, identity theft, on-line scams and frauds, etc, for decades. I can pretty confidently say that no Dept/Bureau of Motor Vehicles is likely to offer this service, even for a fee.

Why? Because the information on a drivers license is personal information that can be used to steal someone's identity. Since most businesses (including banking institutions, for example) accept it as a primary form of identification, it would be a real problem to give the "bad guys" a way to look up other peoples' licenses on-line, print them out, laminate them, etc. It's just too risky.

I further suspect you won't be able to obtain it by phone either - same issue. If there are any other options besides showing up in person with different forms of ID (like mailing a request to them), you'll have to call them to find out. Their number is:(NNN) NNN-NNNN

Here's Ohio's new web site showing the kinds of things you CAN do on-line:

https://www.dps.state.oh.us/netsys/netdb/ENGLISH/MMENU.asp

And the main Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles web site is here:

http://www.bmv.ohio.gov

If I misunderstood your question, or if you have a related question, please feel free to ask.

If I answered your question, please click ACCEPT. Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX wishes.