Ask Michael L Top Notch Computer Expert Y...

Michael L Top Notch Computer Expert
Michael L Top Notch Computer Expert, One of JA's top 10 Computer Experts
Experience:  One of The Highest ranked Computer Expert on Just Answer in Accepts, Visit my Profile & Feedback
283538

Yahoo email access without password

Customer Question

I'm trying to gain access to my childs yahoo account. I've heard that I can simply right click on the history item in the left hand side of the screen and copy and paste to get that information and that somehow I can gain access to their yahoo email account that way. Is that true?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michael L Top Notch Computer Expert replied 7 years ago.

Hi and Welcome to Just Answer,
Ok we can take a look at this, and get it back up and running.

If you have set up your Childs e-mail, under your account, you should have full access to monitor their activities. If your child has changed there password, you should be able to contact Yahoo, explain your situation and follow the instructions below to get that password.

If the e-mail is a Private account that your child has set up, you will not be able to get that info, due to it being a personal account, you can only put your computer rights up so that they can only access certain sites.

If you would like to change or update your password XXXXX and secret answer, send an email to:
XXX@XXXXXX.XXX

for security reasons, they request that you send this information from the SBC Yahoo! Mail account associated with the password XXXXX and secret answer.

If you need further help let me know.

In the subject of the email, type: Password XXXXX and Secret Answer

In the text of the email, include:

Your Yahoo! Mail ID
The ZIP code you gave when you registered for the account (non-U.S. residents, please include country)
Your birth date that you provided at registration
The alternate (non-Yahoo!) email address listed for your Yahoo! ID
Your current password XXXXX and secret answer (exactly as you entered them at registration)
Your new password XXXXX and secret answer
Note: The punctuation, spelling, and spacing of your new secret answer are important. They will copy the secret answer exactly as it appears in your email.

After they have received and verified the above information, they will notify you that the change has been made.

If you wish to change your password XXXXX and secret answer now, please don't click "No" on this page to provide the required information. Instead, go to your mail account and use the address provided at the top.

If you only have the 1 e-mail address you can go to hotmail and sign up pretty fast and have a second account. Then you can have them e-mail you the info there.

If you find this post helpful please take a few minutes to leave Feedback.

By you leaving Positive Feedback you give your Expert additional opportunities to earn extra CASH and Recognition.

If you would like to give a Bonus they are always welcome.

Experience: One of The Highest ranked Computer Expert on Just Answer in Accepts, Visit my Profile & Feedback
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Reply to Michael L....... JA Computer Expert's Post: Thank you but I've already tried to do those things without approval or success. Someone told me that I could simply right click the history item where they had previously been copy and paste it so that I could see the actual information, address, code and so on...and then send it to a IT PC Guy type company and that they could break the code and get into the email account. I need to verify that this is possible because the "code breaking" company requires a large sum of money.

Hi and Welcome to Just Answer,

Ok, let's take a look at this;

Code breaking and hacking is possible; the problem is that the companies you are talking about have the Very expensive software to do the things you require.

It is really not something that can be taught in a forum like this, without the aide of the software and the guidance of a Computer course... Sorry

Expert:  Koachwiz replied 7 years ago.

If your child uses the computer why don't you install a keylogger, which logs all keystrokes, so when he accesses hhis email you will know what the password XXXXX There are both hardware and software keylogger avilable.such as the one here http://www.refog.com/free-keylogger/key-logger.html

This will tell you your sons passwords.

Good Password XXXXX but watch loading software like this, it opens doors for your child to use the software in places he or she shouldn't.